Hi, welcome to my blog!
My name is Nathan and I’ve been around video games since I was about seven. In the twenty-five years since then I’ve seen and learned a lot, and I’ve gained a heart to see people set free from their dependence on video games for happiness. I was there myself five years ago, and I’ve seen how much better life is when I don’t depend on gaming to bring me joy.
(mostly) Fun Facts:
- I’ve been married for 9 years to my amazing wife, Anna. We have a two year old son, Owen, who keeps us on our toes.
- We live in Puyallup, Washington and our home church is Gospel Life Church. It’s amazing to see God work through imperfect people. We’re all the walking wounded, and Christ makes us whole.
- I was raised as the middle five children, and the only boy. I played a lot of make-believe and dolls.
- I lead Young Life at my junior high, five years running. Never a dull moment.
- My wife and I have a dog that resembles a Swiffer with a tongue. Ruby Sprinkles is a Shoodle (Shih-tzu / Poodle), although I’ve heard other fitting names for her.
- People may tell you that video games mess you up, but my focus is sharp as…hey look a fluffy cloud!
What to expect on this blog:
My goal in writing is to hopefully bring up some new ideas about gaming, have some fun, and throughout it all speak the truth of Christ into a world of gaming that can lack hope at times. Without Christ I would still be playing video games in an unhealthy way. I posted a checklist for unhealthy video game behavior that you can use as a resource. I can see examples of almost all of those behaviors in my gaming life. Gaming is a great way to pass the time if you’ve got no higher purpose. Video games can be like virtual pain killers for your heart and brain. With Christ I was convicted that I was not being who I needed to be.
Over the last five years my heart has been a construction site with God doing work on a daily basis. I’m not perfect, but I have seen changes that never would have happened with me doing whatever I wanted.
I love my life now, and my goal in writing is to help others, especially parents of young gamers, to find truth they can hold onto in helping their gamers become healthy again.
What’s with the whole revolution thing?
I actually explain that in better detail than I can in this post. Read all about it here!
Get in touch
You can contact me directly through Facebook or Email. If you’d like to inquire about speaking engagements these two methods work best for now. There is a much prettier form to be released in the near future.
Thank you for reading! I pray that this site is a source of hope and encouragement for you.